Positive Behavior Intervention & Support
Positive Behavior Intervention and Support (PBIS)
Our school has adopted PBIS to teach P.R.I.D.E. behavior.
1. Increase data-based decision-making about behavior and academic instruction and reinforcement across all school settings.
2. Increase consistent use and effect of research-based behavioral and academic instructional strategies among all school staff at school-wide, classroom and individual student levels.
3. Reduce use of reactive discipline measures in schools (e.g. office discipline referrals, detentions, suspensions, expulsions) for all students.
4. Increase academic achievement levels of students.
5. Implement effective intervention plans for students with the most comprehensive behavioral/emotional needs that support and evaluate their success across home, school, and community.
◾Outcomes: academic and behavior targets that are endorsed and emphasized by students, families, and educators.
◾Practices: interventions and strategies that are evidence based.
◾Data: information that is used to identify status, need for change, and effects of interventions.
◾Systems: supports that are needed to enable the accurate and durable implementation of the practices of PBIS.
Wedgeworth PRIDE: Perseverance, Respect, Integrity, Dedication/Determination, and Excellence
School Rules: Be Responsible, Be Respectful, Be Kind, and Be Safe so everyone can LEARN!